Pages

Sunday 6 July 2014

Post #12: Tangled Book Review

What does a girl do when she's no longer having rampant, regular sex with a wild Argentinian? She curls up in bed with a bottle of French red and a good book, in this case Emma Chase's Tangled. Scrap good book. This book was what the Americans would call "friggin' awesome".

If you haven't already read Tangled, then you should. It's funny, hot, and best of all, it's written entirely from a snarky man's point of view.

I might have loved it a little more though if the book's hero didn't remind me quite so much of my little brother. They even live in the same city. Change his nationality and his profession, and Drew Evans could be my player petit frère. And there's the fact that my little brother is NOT going to be settling down any time soon. As he'd be the first to tell you, his life is "freaking perfect" just the way it is.

So for the purposes of this blog, I'll be calling my little brother 'Drew' from now on.

My favourite quote from the book? Hard to pick one, but I'll go with:
"Her warm, soft hand slides perfectly into mine, and two thoughts enter my head simultaneously.

The first is: God hates me. The second is: I have been a naughty, naughty boy for most of my life, and this is my payback. And you know what they say about payback, right?

Yep. She's one hairy bitch."

No comments:

Post a Comment