Pages

Sunday 30 November 2014

Post #33: Beautiful Bastard

So I finally got around to reading Beautiful Bastard, the first in Christina Lauren's Beautiful series.

I think I avoided this for so long because I was sure it would be a disappointment. After all, how could it possibly match Beautiful Stranger? But it did. If anything, I even liked this book better.

The sex sizzles from page to page without ever getting boring, and the sparky dialogue between these two had me laughing out loud.

The magic in these books lies in that quirky mix of erotica and humour - it's so intense and so clever, and these ladies' writing leaves me in awe.

It's reading books like this that makes me wonder if I should quit messing around with trying to write my own erotic romance and find  a new hobby. Except this doesn't feel like a hobby. It's something I've always done, without realising it. I've been telling myself stories since I was a kid, and I've always loved working with words - and it's perhaps the only thing (aside from partying) that I do well. Which is why I get to draft all the press releases at work. Just not as well as Christina Lauren. Yet.

I'll leave you with this delicious quote from the book:





No comments:

Post a Comment