Pages

Sunday 17 May 2015

Book Review: One on One

I was lucky enough to get my hands on an advance copy of Lexy Lockhart's debut novel, One on One, and read it last weekend. Lexy is a friend of two of my favourite authors, Zara Cox and Kitty French, so coming with their stamp of approval I expected good things. I wasn't disappointed.

As I'm probably the least sporty person I know, and I can barely tell one side of a soccer pitch from another, I really didn't expect to be wowed by a romance novel set entirely against a football background. In fact, the football aspect gave it this book a very different, fresh edge compared to other books I've read. The chemistry between Gabe and Allegra sizzled, and I admit I found Gabe very appealing. I am after all a connoisseur of sexy male butts in tight shorts!

Release of this book is imminent, so keep an eye out for it at Amazon now.

This coming week at work we're doing an installation for a client at Clerkenwell Design Week so I'll try not to misbehave. Or at least, not to misbehave more than usual. See you next week!


More about One on One:

Rules are made to be broken…

…but not at Westchester United.

Allegra Alvarez has worked too hard to get where she is to jeopardise it all. Her one and only rule: Stay away from Gabe Morgan, the walking, talking, pant-melting temptation.

Her father, Westchester’s new chairman, issues playboy striker Gabe with a rule: touch my daughter and I will sell you. The only problem is Gabe has never been given a rule he hasn’t broken.

Which will win…his passion for Allegra or his love of the beautiful game?


No comments:

Post a Comment